In addition to drawing, voice recording, and typing, and sharing, My Story now lets young authors include pictures in their books. Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture right from the app and make it the background of your page.
- Choose a picture from the photo library to serve as a page’s background image.
- If you’re looking for a splash of color, choose one of the background colors available, too.
This update, available now in the App Store, makes it easy for children to share stories of their daily life and bolster speaking and writing skills by starting with the environment around them.
Here are story ideas to make full use of the feature right now:
- “My Family” - Take pictures of all your family members (and pets), then create a page for each family member, import the appropriate photo, and record your voice to say something special about each one. Share the book with the family and treasure it forever!
- “My Friends” - Take pictures of all your friends and use the app to talk about the best things you like about each one—and maybe draw a fake mustache or two for good measure!
- “My Home” & “My Room” - Use My Story to take people on a voice-guided virtual tour of the important space of your daily life.
- “My Classroom” - Use My Story to help process through what makes your learning environment special and unique.
We hope you enjoy the new feature. It’s one that we’ll continue to improve as time goes on, so please send in your ideas about how we can improve it!